Wednesday, June 1, 2011

IceCreamCapades


I SCREAM 4 ICE CREAM CAPADES
            My name is Randee, I am Kyle’s wife and I have an obsession for ice cream of all kinds. This summer I would like to find a few bests in the ice cream world. I would like to find the best self serve ice cream / frozen yogurt parlor, the best shake, best fast food ice cream, and ice cream parlor.
            In order to find the best self serve ice cream/frozen yogurt parlor I plan to compare “Yo-gurt” (North Ogden), “Menchies” (Layton, St. George), “Yogotogo” (Kaysville, Centerville), “Frogurt” (Riverdale), “Crave” (St. George), “Farr’s Fresh” (Riverdale, Clinton), and any other place I come upon. I will rate these places on the creaminess and flavor of their product, variety of toppings and flavors, and atmosphere of location.
            Now to find the best shake. Everyone has their own opinion of a good shake; my opinion of a good shake is thick and creamy, and if I ask for a mix in, I do not want the mix in to become crumbs in the shake. For example, if I ask for oreo’s in my shake I do not want the shake blended so much that the oreo’s become crumbs, I want to be able to eat chunks of oreo’s. I will rate each shake on the variety of flavors/ mix ins, creaminess and thickness of the ice cream, mix in consistency (crumbs to chunks) atmosphere of the location, and overall experience. On my list of places to compare are “Kirts” (North Ogden), “Country Boy Dairy” (North Ogden), “Pettingills” (Willard), “Maddox Drive-Inn” (Willard), “Calls family Drive Inn” (Willard), “Peach City” (Brigham City), “Le Beaus” (Bear Lake), “Bear Lake Pizza” (Bear Lake), “Bear Lake Chevron” (Bear Lake, I hear they have the best shakes), “Jakes over the top” (Various locations in Utah), “Neilson’s Frozen Custard” (Bountiful, Layton, St. George), and of course any other location I come upon or is suggested to me.
            The fast food ice cream will be compared between Arctic Circle, Wendy’s, McDonald's, In-n-out Burger, Warren’s, and any other location I come upon. Each place will be rated just as the shake restaurants.
            The best ice cream parlor will be determined between Cold Stone (Various locations) , Sub Zero (Provo, Ogden, Logan), Farrs Ice Cream, Frosted Rock (Clinton). These places will be rated on their creaminess, flavor variety, and overall experience.
            Wish me luck! I am very excited to go on these capades to find the BEST ice cream!!!
            

4 comments:

  1. Hey I go to school with Randee. I'm adding your blog to my list. www.marcibarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting Randee. Are you not going to add that evil place that wouldn't let us order from the drive-in? They would loose anyway, so I guess that can slide.

    You should try Maggie Moos in American Fork by the Walmart. I haven't been there in ages, so it technically might not be there. But its like Cold-Stone, but better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Way is Zips worthy enough to earn a spot on this blog haha, who uses syrup for cookie dough! haha. Maggie Moos sounds good! I think I have actually heard of that place! Thanks for the tip, I can't wait to try it, and if it is like cold stone then it has to be AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marci!! Even though it says kyle posted this, its really me. haha. I will have to follow your blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete