Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spoon Me!

 I am sorry, There are no pictures this time, we are out of town and I forgot the pictures we took. Look forward to next week because we will be in Costa Rica!! I will hopefully be able to find some good ice cream to blog about down there!
Spoon Me
Frozen Yogurt shop Rating
 Rating Between 1-5      
Yogurt Quality    2      
Yogurt flavor variety    1      
Mix in variety    2      
Price    2      
Atmosphere of venue    2   

    I have heard mixed reviews from those who have tried spoon me and I decided I needed to try it myself. Everyday there is a featured name of the day, and if it is your name you receive a buy one get one free. Well, today’s name was Kyle and so we decided that this would be the best time to try it out.
    Spoon me offers only four flavors, three of which stay the same all the time (Acai, Natural, and Chocolate). The featured flavor of the day when I was there was Pina Colada. Kyle and I both chose to get the eight ounce size that cost five dollars. Though they do pack it in, I would rather fill my cup myself for cheaper.
    When it came to the mix ins there are about six fruit mix ins and about 15 candy mix ins. They offer the typical chocolate chips, brownie bits, cookie dough, cheese cake bites, etc. I was sad to see that my favorite Butterfinger was not an option; in fact they do not have any candy bars at all. One thing that they do offer that I have never seen anywhere else are crushed pop tarts.
    After calling ahead to see if they offered any lactose free flavors for my husband that is lactose intolerant, I found out that all their flavors are diary free; in fact their yogurt is a powder that is mixed with water. This explains why their yogurt is not creamy at all. I do have to hand it to them however, for being a powder/water mix it tastes pretty good, just not the type of creamy yogurt I would go for. After trying spoon me, I am sad to say that I will be joining those who also gave it a poor rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment