Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Best Gelato In Costa Rica


Gelato is much cheaper here in Costa Rica, and therefore, I must get as much of it as possible. I found a quaint little place that is just by our school. The only problem is that I found it too late. There were so many things on the menu that I wanted to try, but we only had half a week left in Costa Rica. We were able to make it there two times and it was delicious each time! The gelateria is called "The Piazza". There are many flavors to choose from, everything from tropical fruit flavors to the chocolaty, candy flavors.

 Each flavor I sampled was better than the last. For our first experience at the Piazza I decided to get a banana split that included three scoops of gelato and it was under 4 American dollars. The flavors I chose were caramel, chocolate chip, and the Piazza's signature flavor which consisted of some vaniilla, chocolate, and caramel swirls. When the banana split came, I was amazed, it looked delicious, and the presentation was spectacular.













However, once I began eating it, I found that there was too much whipped topping and it became too sweet for me. I did however, love the gelato; it was very rich and creamy. The caramel was my favorite.

For our second trip to the piazza, I decided to try some fruit flavors. I decided on a mango, strawberry shake. My husband also got a scoop for himself, he decided upon one of the delicious tropical fruit flavors.

The presentation of each purchase was just as good as last time. I really enjoyed the mango strawberry shake, it was very creamy for ice cream that is mixed with water. I was very impressed. I ended my Costa Rican, ice cream excursion on a definite high note!

No comments:

Post a Comment