Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Costa Rican McFLURRIE!!!


Just as in America....and the rest of the world, there are of course McDonalds found in Costa Rica. Their menu has a few minor differences from the American menu that we are used to. For breakfast you can find a McPinto on the menu at a Costa Rican Mcdonalds. A McPinto consists of rice, beans, hashbrowns, sausage, and eggs. Of course I paid the most attention to the desert menu. On the sundae menu you can find the typical hot fudge sundae, but you can also find a pineapple, strawberry, and caramel sundae. The mcflurries offered were oreo, m&m, and snickers. In America, the snickers mcflurrie is not an option on the menu and therefore, I had to try it.


American McFlurrie Vs. Costa Rican McFlurrie:
I must say that I would take a Costa Rican McFlurrie any day, over an American McFlurrie. The ice cream was very creamy compared to the watered down American McFlurrie. Also, an option in Costa Rica is the choice of  hot fudge or caramel mixed into your McFlurrie; this is not an option in America. I got both chocolate and caramel mixed into my snickers McFlurrie and it was AMAZING!

Another difference is that the toppings are not mixed in as they are in America; they are all placed on top. Normally, this would be a negative to a shake, but I actually liked it. I believe that the reason that placing the toppings on top was alright was because they placed enough that would last the customer the entire shake. It was a perfect Mcdonalds McFlurrie experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment